Enjoy samples of my work, a list of submissions to various music challenges and contests, and learn about my gear and plugins that I use.
Orchestral, cinematic, and instrumental¶
🎵 View full playlist | 🎹 Piano
Gear and sounds¶
My current setup primarily consists of:
- Ableton Live as my main working environment.
- I don’t have a dedicated studio, and often compose at night, so I use a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50x headphones.
- Akai MPK Mini mk3: A gift from my wife for my 33rd birthday that kicked off my music production journey. This is a nice, compact MIDI keyboard, great for writing melodies and making beats.
- M-Audio Keystation 49: My space for playing is a bit limited, so I wanted something with a wider range than the MPK Mini that’s still small enough to fit on a desk.
- Akai MIDImix: A MIDI control surface with a good amount of knobs and sliders. Typically you’d use this to control your DAW, but I wanted a way to make it easier to adjust parameters of virtual synths.
- Arturia’s V Collection: You’d have to pay tens of thousands of dollars to get all of the original synths, if you could get your hands on them at all. I have some cheaper and free synths as well, but I like that Arturia recreates the original circuits instead of just using samples, and in some cases they even get the original creators involved. I also recommend watching these detailed overviews of some of Arturia’s instruments.
- Instruments and effects from Output.
- Unique and free instruments from Pianobook.
- And Splice is my go-to place for samples and loops.